Monday 7 October 2013

handmade 365


When I heard about this year-long challenge, run by Rachelle of Tales of Ted and Agnes (one of the authors of the book Granny Chic no less!) I decided to give it a go, since I believe in the importance of celebrating and supporting the handmade in our world of mass-produced junk, and trying to avoid encouraging the exploitation of cheap sweatshop labour (when we think about handmade, we sometimes forget the 'hands' faraway, that have laboured over that Primark dress).

The thing is, I don't own many handmade clothes and despite becoming quite a sewing addict over the last few years, I've never made clothing for myself before. So I guess I'm hoping that this challenge will inspire me to give it a go. Maybe the first months of my handmade year will mostly be about jewellery, accessories and some handmade vintage clothes. But ultimately I hope to be following in the footsteps of some of the other creative participants and be posting Instagram photos of myself in handmade tops and dresses. Wish me luck!

And it's not too late to join in... click here for more details (we're on day 7 at the moment!)

(Find me on Instagram as @theowlclub, by the way).

you may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...