Saturday 7 July 2012

art, peace and packages


In case you haven't heard of Miki's Scrapbook you should definitely check it out. Miki is one of those people with an eye for anything cool, cute and original, I love her blog. Thanks to this post, I discovered the Priority Boxes Art Project. I immediately signed up and just a month later, have received my box!

I must admit I had completely forgotten about it, so it was an exciting surprise. I love the idea of this project, sending painted boxes all over the world, to anyone who asks for one. I don't know what I'll do with it, but as I'm supposed to send photos I tried an experimental self-portrait in the garden.

You can see I'm not used to using the timer on my camera! Then I thought the box should land in our lavender, which is looking particularly gorgeous at the moment.

And I just had to share with you my favourite photo from Miki's post about receiving her box. Isn't her cat Dimitri a sweetie? I didn't dare try anything like that with our cat!

I am a very lucky person, in that I regularly receive art of all kinds in the post from my friend, penpal and artist Ashlie. In a way, all snail mail is a form of art, but I think it's especially cool when the two are combined. You can sign up to receive your own art box here!

you may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...