Thursday 12 April 2012

DIY scrapbook envelope

As I wrote in this post, I've been enjoying using my new smash book. As I have a few things I don't want to stick down, I've been making little envelopes to store them in. 
 I love re-using pretty packaging. These bath salts were a Christmas present from my Dad. So much effort has gone into designing that packaging! It seemed a shame not to re-use it.
The only problem is that packaging envelopes are often the wrong way round for scrapbooks: the pretty side is the flat side you want to glue down. But it's so easy to switch this. You just need to peel back the side with the flap, like this:
This will make a new little flap on the other side. Fold this backwards. Then cut off the original flap from the front and fold down to make a neat edge. My back had a sticky edge, so I covered this with washi tape and put some on the sides too. I just happened to have a scrap from an old girls' annual that matched the colours, so I used this to cover the product name and brand.
Et voilĂ ! It takes about 5 minutes and you have the satisfaction of recycling something just too pretty to throw out!

you may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...