Thursday 19 January 2012

think pink!

There's no doubt about it: pink is a fabulous colour. It's just not possible (for me, anyway) to make a statement like that without thinking of the wonderfully over-the-top 'think pink' sequence from Funny Face (1957 musical starring Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire).
Kay Thompson is the domineering fashion editor confident in her power to influence what women wear. But it's really an excuse for an explosion of cinematic pink. Now didn't that just brighten up your January day?
So you can imagine how pleased I was when no fewer than TWO wonderful pink things arrived in the post. First of all this glorious spool of vintage rik-rak from Stacy Leigh's Atelier. I love rik-rak, I love vintage and I love pink, so I'm going to have fun with this!
Stacy took it off the lovely old spool to make shipping to the UK affordable. I love how she then tied it with a length of GIANT hot-pink rik-rak!
I was also very excited to receive my pack of isavirtue stationery (who also has a blog). I absolutely love Kaitlyn's designs, especially this series of flapper girls (this one is named Ramona) typing or telephoning. I also love the pretty stamps and hummingbird drawing on the envelope enclosing it. 
Snail mail is very important to me. Although I love the immediacy of email, Facebook and Twitter, there is nothing quite like holding something you know someone else has held: a point of material contact. I can't wait to surprise a friend with a bright pink missive! My only regret is that I don't have a typewriter so I can't pretend I'm Ramona while I'm writing it!

you may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...