Wednesday 2 November 2011

second attempt

I promised myself that, having goofily and accidentally made a playing-card holder rather than a business card holder (i.e. way too big) when I first tried Beth's tutorial, I would give it another go and get it right!
Well, as you can see, I'm still not quite there: the elastic pulled out after sewing and I had to come up with a solution for attaching it to the outside without it looking a mess (cue extra button! I love buttons). There's also some slight puckering around the stitches that is telling me thread tension may not have been quite right.

Having the selvedge along the edges of the pockets was intentional BUT I meant the lines to be straight, oops!

Despite the flaws, I like this enough (gorgeous fabric & buttons, right?) to give it as a present to a friend who recently started his own gardening business.

1 comment:

Beth Doodlecats said...

I think it looks great!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It's always so lovely to hear from you.
Suki

you may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...