Friday 21 October 2011

treasures

There is a family friend, she is very old now, in her 90s, who has always given me the most amazing vintage gifts. I love the fact that, not only do these things have an unknown history, they also mean a lot to me personally, as they represent this incredible, strong, dynamic and generous woman. I'd like to start a photographic record of the collection of vintage accessories and clothes given to me by her.
To begin, here is a little taster in the form of three of my favourite treasures: 1. owl earrings, one with red eyes, one with green; 2. beaded evening purse (I have used this endlessly); 3. faux-snakeskin bag

I know nothing about the provenance/eras of these things, so if anyone would like to enlighten me that would be wonderful! Have a lovely weekend everyone.

3 comments:

Immie said...

What beautiful things and what a kind lady! You're very lucky indeed, but I'm sure you know that :) I'm afraid I can't help when it comes to pinpointing what era they're from, but they're so lovely indeed :3

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

Wow, these are amazing! How lovely that she has always given you such pretty things. She sounds wonderful!

Sorry, no clue either!

Unknown said...

Yes, I do feel very lucky! She's kind of my fairy godmother!

And she also loves owls & has a huge collection of owl figurines. So she must be pretty cool ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It's always so lovely to hear from you.
Suki

you may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...