Friday 9 September 2011

lunch-break gift

So I nearly forgot my goddaughter's birthday, bad, bad person that I am! This meant I didn't have time to buy something beautiful and handcrafted on Etsy as I'd planned and I had to find something fast that would appeal to an 11 year-old girl. I also wanted it to be something that would be more than just a "thing", something that might encourage creative exploration in some way. This is what I came up with in my lunch break:






Flower stamps and ink, coloured pencils in a floral tube, apple-shaped pencil sharpener, heart-shaped stickers, butterly and doll stickers, elaborate relief stickers, a postcard featuring a colourful bird, a patterned notepad and a pretty floral bag to put it all in.

What creative ideas do you have for presents for pre-teen girls or for last-minute gifts?

3 comments:

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

I think these gifts are fabulous! You could do lots of fun things with them, but they're also just pretty to look at as is. It's perfect for a girl her age:D Very nicely done! Especially for a last minute kind of thing, but sometimes that's when you get the best ideas:)

Unknown said...

Thank you so much! I really hope she likes it...

Hannah Sews said...

they are lovely presents. My niece is 8 but we have to buy her sylvanians at the moment. Little girls always like nicknacks. xx

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It's always so lovely to hear from you.
Suki

you may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...